Around this time of the year, we feel the urge to reflect on the past 12 months and set new goals and intentions for the year ahead. The same goes for your social media strategy.
Truth is, the content you created in 2023 wasn’t just for likes and follows – it was a GOLDMINE of valuable data. Your posts, whether 10 posts or 10000, and your insights (along with your instincts) hold the keys to some burning questions like:
✨ How can I do a better job of getting in front of the right audience?
✨ What does my audience actually want to see from me?
✨ What parts of my content workflow feel clunky & how can I fix them?
By analyzing what worked (and what didn’t), you can make even better, more impactful content for your brand in 2024.If you’re not sure where to start, I got you! I’m here to share the full breakdown of how I refresh my client’s social media strategies so set your brand up for success on social media all through 2024.
Step 1. Strategy: Reimagine your Brand’s Social Glow-Up
Do a deep dive of how your brand has evolved and how the way you show up on social should evolve.
- Review and Refresh your Pillars: Think of your brand pillars as the sturdy foundation supporting your social media structure. Revisit your core values and messaging. Are they still relevant to your audience and your evolving brand? Refine them if needed to ensure your social media presence resonates authentically.
- Update your Keywords and Hashtags: Keywords and hashtags are your social media search engine optimization (SEO) superpowers. Research and update your arsenal with terms relevant to your brand and target audience. Think of them as breadcrumbs leading your audience to your content.
- Set your Social Media Goals for 2024: Dream big, but plan SMART! Set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound goals for your social media strategy. Do you want to increase brand awareness, boost engagement, or drive website traffic? Having clear goals keeps you focused and motivated.
- Plan your Q1 Campaigns and Launches: Don’t be caught off guard by social media holidays or industry events. Map out your Q1 campaigns and launches in advance. Think of it as your social media calendar, bursting with exciting dates and creative ideas to keep your audience interested.
We’ve got the perfect tool to help you set your goals and campaigns for New Year! Grab the Digital Content Organizer!
Step 2. Systems: Streamline Your Workflow
Examine your content planning and creation systems (or lack thereof) to see how you can improve them to work smarter and show up consistently.
- Figure and fix the kinks in your content workflow: Is your content creation process a hot mess of deadlines and anxiety? Take time to identify and fix any bottlenecks that slow you down. Maybe it’s scheduling posts in advance, batching content creation days, or delegating tasks. Streamline your process to create content with clarity and confidence.
- Make a Master Checklist of your New Process: Every content marketer needs a sidekick. Create a master checklist for your new, streamlined workflow. Include things like brainstorming ideas, researching topics, scheduling posts, and analyzing results. Having a clear roadmap keeps you organized and on track.
- Set up or Organize your Content Planning Hub: Imagine a central hub where all your content planning and collaboration magic happens. Set up a system, whether it’s a project management tool, or even a shared document, to keep everything aligned and inspired.
- Make a Master List of the Keys and Apps you use: Compile a master list of the tools and apps that fuel your social media machine. From scheduling platforms to design tools to analytics dashboards, choose the tools that help you conquer your content goals.
- Figure out what to outsource and get support: You can’t be everywhere at once. Delegate tasks like graphic design, video editing, or community management to free up your time for strategic thinking and creative brainstorming. Remember, sometimes the best way to get things done is to let go!
Step 3.Platform: Make Your Profiles Pop
Double check that your presence of your key social media platforms are set up to get you the most visibility and results.
- Identify new platforms to expand to: Not all social media platforms are created equal but don’t be afraid to explore uncharted territory! Research and consider expanding your reach to new social media platforms that might be a good fit for your brand and target audience. Who knows, you might discover a hidden gem that brings you a whole new wave of engaged followers.
- Add SEO keywords to your profile: Search engines love optimized profiles. Use relevant keywords and hashtags throughout your bios and descriptions.This will help your audience discover your content more easily.
- Make sure any links to your profiles are up to date: Give your profiles a refresh! Remove outdated information, update links, and ensure your bios are clear, concise, and attention-grabbing. Remember, your profiles are often the first impression you make, so make it a good one.
- Explore any relevant new feature to test and try: Every platform is constantly rolling out new features. Don’t be afraid to experiment with them! Maybe it’s trying out Instagram Reels, hosting a Twitter Space, or utilizing LinkedIn Live. Who knows, you might discover a game-changing feature that takes your social media game to the next level.
Step 4. Content: Refine & Amplify Your Creative Approach
Look back at your content from this year, see what worked, and think of creative ways to do more of it next year.
- Study your best performing content for trends: Dig into your analytics and identify your most-loved posts. Were they storytelling TikTok videos, insightful blog articles, or stunning Instagram photos? Analyze what sparked your audience’s excitement and find the common threads.
- Think of new series or styles you want to try: Don’t just rinse and repeat! While replicating successful formats can work, keep things fresh by brainstorming new series or content styles. Maybe launch a behind-the-scenes vlog series or experiment with creating short form videos.
- Refresh your brand templates (or get new ones!): Give your content a makeover! If your brand templates are starting to feel stale, consider revamping them with new fonts, colors, and design elements. Remember, consistency is key, but a subtle refresh can keep your audience engaged.
- Organize and clean out your content library: Is your content library disorganized? Spend time to declutter! Delete outdated drafts, categorize existing content, and create a system for easy access.
- Have a content day to backlog evergreen content: Create content that stays relevant long-term, reducing your future workload. Write evergreen blog posts about your niche, film tutorials with valuable tips, or design infographic templates you can reuse throughout the year. This will cultivate a strategy that stands the test of time!
Remember: The goal of this isn’t to add another to-do list to your plate while you’re actually trying to get into your New Year flow. The goal is to create a realistic timeline to work through these things alongside your quarterly business planning so you can set your brand up for success in 2024 🥂
Ready to refresh your socials for growth this year? Grab the Digital Content Organizer!
All Images Sourced from Giphy